Built-In Test Chip
Under a United States patent, A.T.E. Solutions, Inc. presented industry with a
board-level Built-In Self Test (BIST) solution. The product is a single
chip, placed on a circuit board, or programmed into a programmable device such
as an FPGA. The device is called a Built-In Test Exerciser and Sensor or
Access to non-boundary-scan pins
on a circuit board.
Accesses all existing boundary-scan pins and
integrates them with its functions, so that for all practical purposes all
boundary-scan pins can be considered a BITES pin.
- Defaults each of its pins to be a Signature Analyzer through which it can
detect faults throughout the board.
- For fault isolation (diagnostic) purposes, BITES can be readily
reconfigured to apply both deterministic as well as pseudorandom test
stimuli and response collection.
- BITES can assist at all levels of diagnosis, making it easier to meet
stringent diagnostic requirements in today's products.
- When designed properly for testability, BITES can perform many of the
board-level ATE functions without the high cost of test equipment or test
- With proper design for testability, BITES can be made to provide deep
level of diagnosis and serve the needs of embedded test.
- In conjunction with System-Level BIT and IC-Level BIST, BITES, can provide
a hierarchical solution to testing. Hierarchical BIST can result in
substantial economic benefits at all levels of support.
See a presentation.
Contact LouisUngar@ieee.org to
discuss how we can bring BITES technology into your design, or call him direct
at (310) 822-5231.